Interior Inspiration: Blue Bird
Posted on 12 November 2014
It was love at first sight with this image, so much so that I just had to share it with you. Whilst I usually shy away from the colour blue, often for being to cold, the mixture of shades and materials works perfectly and creates a masculine interior that is mellowed with the use of subtle colours and themes within the accessories on display. Inspired by this interior, I have researched products with similar attributes that can help recreate such a defining and beautiful look for the home.
I really love the use of dark wood in contrast to the colour of the light walls. Being quite a light and airy room, these finishes work well and are not too overpowering for the interior. Whilst the colours and materials are quite masculine, the use of reds, pinks and creams within the accessories helps mellow the strength of the room to create an interior that is welcoming and comfortable. The chair is a classic icon in the room and most of the design is centred around this. The use of low hanging lighting and floor lamps will help create that warm glow that can accentuate the comforts of the room. The paintings and images help break up the monochromatic tones and add character to the room. The fantastic thing about the artwork is that you can easily change them to help adjust the look and feel of the room which can also work very well for seasons. Below are some of the items that I have researched that are inspired by and can recreate a similar style in the home.
1. Fine Art America - The Bird - ft06 print
2. Ligne Roset - Amis De Jean Suspended Ceiling Light
3. Farrow & Ball - Paint colours in Parma Gray No. 27 / Lulworth Blue No. 89 / Light Blue No. 22
4. Art Parks International - Peacock Stephen Page
5. Amazon - Modern Architecture A-Z (Limited Stock)
6. Conran - Eames Lounge Chair & Ottoman
7. Dot & Bo - Northwestern Abode Open Rectangle Floor Lamp