Ravishing Red: Trends for the Home
Posted on 24 November 2014
One of the most striking and vibrant colours in the spectrum, the colour red can completely transform an interior and give you that fun and daring space that you have been dreaming of creating. Weather you use small injections of this colour to add vibrancy and character to an interior or fill the room to create that larger than life look, there is a shade of red out there to suit every room. Bright reds can be playful, lively and modern and are best suited to creating key features to a room, deeper reds are warmer, romantic and cosy and can be used to a larger extent without overpowering a space. I have selected just a few of my favourite items available in red from some of the very best designers and companies out there. Interiors should always represent the real you, if you love the colour but have been hesitant to use it, it may be time to give it a go!
1. Osborne & Little - Facade fabric in three shades of red, starting with the most vibrant F6610-20 / F6610-19 / F6610-18 - Fantastic fabrics to create those striking features in your home, Osborne & Little have a huge selection of colours and materials so you will be certain to find the colour to suit your interior.
2. Delightfull - Sinatra Suspension ceiling lamp - Modern, playful and stylish, the Sinatra suspension ceiling lamp is the perfect choice to create that striking but functional work of art for above the dining room table or on display in a living area for all to admire.
3. Progetti - Long_time Alessay Gasperi clock - A simple and modern design that creates a huge impact, the Long_time clock will fit perfectly almost anywhere. Ideal for a modern kitchen, dining or living room to inject that little bit of colour and brilliant at turing a small space into a key feature.
4. Italesse - Privè Color Pro champagne flute - An elegant design with a small wisp of colour. Perfect for matching a room's style without drawing the attention away from the beautiful form of the champagne flute itself .
5. Smeg - 50s Retro Style Aesthetic FAB28QR1 - Every kitchen should have a Smeg fridge. Available in a huge range of colours, sizes and styles, there is a Smeg fridge out there waiting to give your kitchen the character that it deserves.
6. Riedel - Black Tie Smile Red Decanter - Just as much of an art piece as it is a decanter, the Black Tie Smile would make a prefect addition to a sideboard in a dining room or the centrepiece to a drinks cabinet to give it that artistic and elegant edge.
7. LINLEY - Giant Match Holder in Red Moc Croc - LINLEY can turn even the simplest of items into must have accessories, bursting with character. A perfect luxury accessory to create that spark in life when you need it.
8. Harlequin - Ruba, pomegranate, pepper and spices diffuser - Not only is the colour truly mesmerising, the scent is too. The Ruba diffuser is available in seven different colours and scents, making it a perfect accessory to make a room smell as good as it looks.
9. Iittala - Alvar Aalto Vase 160mm in cranberry - A very easy way to inject colour into a room, this very artistic vase would make a fantastic accessory to display on a side or coffee table.
10. LINLEY - Aston Chair - An incredible design, transformed by the colour it is upholstered in. The chair is perfect for a games room, study or focal point in a living room. With a simple curved design, the chair can easily adapt to it's surrounding style.
11. Delightfull - Diana floor lamp - This huge floor lamp is a playful take on the classic design. Ideal for loft and larger spaces, this lamp will definitely add character and vibrancy to even the largest spaces.