Interior Inspiration: Country Mustard
Posted on December 05 2014
Mustard is such a fascinating colour, it is one of the very few shades of yellow that can be used within an interior that is not overpowering, soft or too feminine. It is a colour that is great for accessories and is perfect to inject warmth and vibrancy into a room. I selected the below image as I love the tones and feel that is created within this interior. There is a soft and welcoming country feel with the use of whites and natural tones which is then characterised by the use of mustard yellow and a hint of royal blue.
This colour scheme works so well in the home, whilst the image is of a living area, these colours would look great in a bedroom, dining room and even study and hobbies rooms. Colours can easily be replaced or rearranged to change the look and feel of a space in relatively short space of time. A particular favourite of mine is the circular coffee table, the modern design works incredibly well with the more traditional items and furniture in the room to create a contemporary feel. Whilst I have not been able to find the exact coffee table, the Roma black coffee table is a simple version of this beautiful design.
1. Boca Do Lobo - Bronx Mirror
2. Crate & Barrel - Various Vases
3. World Market - Four Sided Hanging Pendant
4. Picquot Ware - Tea Set (No longer directly sold, available second hand on many websites)
5. Villa Home Collection - Mustard Pillow
6. Furniture for Home - Roma Black Coffee Table
7. Tom Dixon - Base Polished Brass Table