Beautifully Blue: Trends For The Home
Posted on August 17 2014
Blue is a misunderstood colour. Selecting the correct tone and accessories can actually add a warmth and richness to your home. Here are my top selection of luxurious blue items.
It has been huge on the fashion scene and is now making its way into our homes. Gone are the days of this colour being associated with bathrooms, blue is becoming a trendy colour gracing our living rooms and bedrooms. The shade that is being talked about at the moment is “indigo blue” which is a rather warm and welcoming colour that works really well with white and other natural tones. Whilst it looks fantastic on walls with limitation, it is the furniture and accessories that are lapping up the attention. I have selected some extremely fascinating and beautifully designed products below from some of the best names and designers out there to discuss further.
- Sanderson Fabrics – Sanderson has some of the most beautiful prints and quality fabrics out at the moment so it was only natural to select them in the latest trends. The pictured fabrics are from the “Orlando Weaves” and “Colour For Living Fabrics” collections.
- Boca Do Lobo – Tribeca Table Lamp – This beautifully created table lamp is part of the Soho Collection from Boca Do Lobo. The design is highly customizable and available in a range of finishes and colours to match any room.
- Meissen Couture – “Neuer Ausschnitt”, Blue Onion, White Rim – This perfect and elegant dinner set is from Meissen Couture. The detail and shape of these plates are visually stunning and would be the centre of attention at any dining room table.
- Ligne Roset – Rive Droit Armchair – Ligne Roset never ceases to amaze me with its modern and captivating designs. The Rive Droit armchair is no exception to the collection and is available in a range of colours and fabrics to perfect any room.
- Timothy Oulton – Oxford Scholar Blue Sofa – If I could only have one item in my living room it would simply be this. The Oxford Scholar Blue sofa says it all. It would make a fantastic focal point of a room and will be even better to relax on after a long day admiring it.
- Lalique – Medusa Vase & Fantasia Vase in Midnight Blue Crystal – These captivating vases can be found at Lalique. The whole collection is truly mesmerizing and is perfect for anyone looking for unique and exclusive items for their home.
- Boca Do Lobo – Limited Edition Heritage Sideboard – A work of art or a sideboard? This design by Boca Do Lobo is one of a kind. Made from hand painted tiles, this sideboard with gold interior would turn any head and define any room.