Gorgeously Green: Trends For The Home
Posted on September 14 2014
Emerald green has been one of the biggest trends this year and I do not see it going away any time soon. Many companies have created limited edition products in this colour which has almost made it an exclusive trend. Whilst some people have been more daring, decorating and designing rooms entirely with this warm and welcoming colour, it also looks just as great limited into accents and key features within a room. There is no limit with this shade of green and we have seen it everywhere from living rooms, dining rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms and even kitchens. There is no doubt in my mind that this super colour will look mesmerising in any room you choose to put it in. Below are just some of the amazing products that I have selected as my key choices in Emerald Green from some of the best designers and companies out there supporting this colour trend.
1. Boco Do Lobo – Limited Edition Diamond Emerald – For products that are exclusive in design and truly one of a kind, Bocco Do Lobo is the only company to go to. This incredibly striking sideboard comes in a beautifully rich emerald green colour with the inside decorated with gold leaf. My favourite part of a Bocco Do Lobo design is that no detail is left out. The inside has just as much attention as the exterior.
2. Sanderson Fabrics – Brianza Velvet – Sanderson fabrics never cease to amaze me with their patterns and designs. This very beautiful and soft fabric is 100% cotton velvet and would look fantastic on a sofa or made into pillows.
3. Sanderson Fabrics – Liffey – Another beautiful selection from Sanderson Fabrics is this hardwearing Liffey fabric made from 70% viscose and 30% linen. A great material for drapes and curtains and available in a huge selection of colours.
4. Source Glass Lighting – Large Implosion – A diamond discovery, this very striking emerald green hand blown glass light is available in a range of colours, sizes and shapes. There is a design and colour to suit every room and personality.
5. Archiproducts – Chesterfield Sofa – This style of sofa has definitely been one of the most popular styles in sofas this year. Incredibly beautiful yet hardwearing, it makes a fantastic focal point to a room.
6. Wedgwood – Jasper Conran Chinoiserie – Internationally famous, Wedgewood never fails to impress. This very elegant design, an interpretation of 18th Century British trends looks breathtaking in this very eye-catching colour.
7. Villaverde – Tiffany – How can I speak about lighting and not mention Villaverde? One of the best lighting companies out there, the Tiffany chandelier is available in a five, six and eight light version. Handmade in Italy, this chandelier is available in a huge selection of colours to perfect any interior.
8. Cole & Son – Fornasetti Malachite – As soon as I saw this design, I knew that it had to be one of my key choices. With its hypnotic and moving design, this wallpaper will make a fantastic feature wall with a room such as a living room or dining room. If there was ever a time to be daring with wallpaper, this is the time.